Reducing Your Horse's Pain
Regenerative laser therapy (RLT) is an innovative treatment technique that has grown in popularity recently as veterinarians have discovered its usefulness in helping horses recover from injury and resolve lameness.
The short, high-energy light pulses from RLT lasers penetrate deep into tissues, creating a photo-acoustic wave that spreads into deeper tissues. These waves interact with the cells in soft tissues and stimulate the release of growth factors that are not released naturally.
This has been shown to regenerate tissue, realign fibers, reduce scar tissue, and provide comfort to horses.
RLT stimulates tissue regeneration by forcing the body to re-align and re-vitalize when it WOULD NOT have otherwise. Short, powerful laser pulses generate acoustic waves that:
- Propagate deeper into tissue
- Agitate the extracellular matrix
- Release the growth factors that lay dormant on injured cells
- Increase permeability of the cells
- Assist nutrient reentry and waste removal from cells
The Benefits of Regenerative Laser Therapy
RLT offers a wide range of benefits to your horse, including:
- Stimulates capillary circulation
- Enhances perfusion of blood from vessels to tissues
- Initiates the release of oxygen from blood
- Promotes targeted tissue oxygenation
- Enhances efficiency of ATP production
- Generates more cellular energy within cells
- Provides faster and stronger healing